Wednesday, September 16, 2009

watermelon-an experiment-a walk


Today, after some home schooled friends over, I went down the road to a neighbors house to get some pond water for a science experiment. I've never met them before, and I thought I'd be nervous about going, but actually I was more anxiuos about getting this part of the experiment done today and not tomorrow or the day after.

For this experiment, I have to grow micro-organisms using pond water. I have four quart jars, each one filled about halfway, and I put hay in one; soil in another; part of a hard-boiled egg yolk in the third; and uncooked white rice in the fourth. this will feed them, and in three to five days any micro-organisms in the water now will have reproduced. Then I'll use the micro-organisms in two later experiments.

Anyway, The neighbor let me take some pond water, and I did. Eventually though, in order to keep my shoes from getting too muddy, I just took them off. Then, I saw them sitting against the pond and I wanted to take a picture of them.

So I rushed back to the house as fast as one can go when riding a bike barefoot. I got the camera, left the jars, and rode back.



On the way back home I took as many pictures as I could of anything that interested me.

I think I found a new hobby.








2 comments: