My biology experiment went awry today. I was supposed to use a microscope and look at the bacterium I grew with the pond water I got a couple of weeks ago. I think I didn't read about the bacterium quite right, because I think I let them sit too long. They're supposed to be thriving within 3-5 days of getting the water ready.
So I went to do the experiment, opened one of the jars, and sniffed it. A very stupid thing to do I might add. The book said the water was smelly and my fellow biology students said likewise. The stench was awful. I mean awful.
Once that part was over, I looked at the water through the microscope, using low power as the book said. All I saw was the little bit of cotton I was supposed to put in there, and blobs of something in the water. They were supposed to be moving. So, after writing down what I saw, I increased the power.
Still I saw nothing.
Again, I noted what everything looked like, and increased the power.
Again, I saw nothing. It was all too blurry.
So I gave up. And e-mailed my biology teacher asking what I should do about. He still hasn't answered.
(Don't you love this green microscope? I would love to have on just like it.)
No comments:
Post a Comment