I have to get this off my chest. It happened yesterday, it's big, and I never had a chance to write it.
A couple of weeks ago, one of Pineapple's friends said she would talk to the band director at the local school about me joining band, because I'm interested in band. She did, and told us that I could go and talk to him.
I wanted to go in on Friday the 21st, but that never happened, and eventually, Mom and I didn't talk to him at all and then school started and I thought I was done for. Then we found out that we could talk to him before band started for the day, at least five minutes beforehand, so we dicided to go on Wednesday.
Mom and I got to the school about five minutes before band started, and I figured that we would have to run to the band room, have a quick discussion with the director, and run out before the band members came in. But that didn't happen at all. In fact, that visit ended up with much, much better results.
Mom and I had rushed inside, she got a name tag, and directions to the band room. On the way we ran into the other band director (there are two, you see) and she gave us info, told us to come back Tuesday to decide which instrument I'll play, and so on.
But there's more.
We went to Pineapple's guidance counselor (I guess he's mine also) to talk with him about it, and on the way we ran into the choir director. She wanted me to join choir, and Mom agreed.
Mom filled some forms for Mr. Glasgow (the guidance counselor), and we talked about the details, so now, I have choir (2nd period), and band (4th), and I might help a teacher in the office for 3rd.
So all's well that ends well.
Though, I won't be starting for a while because Mr. Glasgow said there would be some resistance with the homeschool aspect. In fact, one lady over heard that I'm homeschooled and got worried.
Plus, to finish it all off, Mom and I stopped by the library on the way home to pick up a book that was on hold. I had completely forgotten, but there was a book sale there so we stayed longer, though I didn't get anything.
Yesss! Two birds with one stone! I'm so happy!
(Sigh), now I don't know what to write about now.
Thanks, by the way, for all the encouragement with Shell and all. I knew that if I wrote that that I would get some feedback, and it made me feel better, and so much more encouraged about the whole thing.
Speaking of Shell, I'll just write about that (it was on Monday).
At six-thrity, I was up, and getting ready. By about seven-thirty, Mom, Bootman, Blondie and I were in the car, backpacks and all, and on the road. We were there about ten minutes before the classes started, and just so you know, don't drink a lot of sweet coffee when you're really nervous. I walked around the hall where Shell takes place, and read the signs that were taped outside every class room, and figured out where I would be. I would have writing, then study hall, then biology in the same room as writing, and back to study hall.
Writing class went well. (Last year this writing class had been huge, about the biggest in Shell. Now it's been cut in half, and less than half of this class took writing last year, some students having moved on to the older writing class, or quit.) Mom tried to shove a year's worth of last year's writing class in for the new students in fifty-five minutes.
Study hall was a reading fest for me, 55 minutes of The Ballad of Sir Dinadan and then on to Biology.
My science teacher last year was like, "Hush up and listen" (though we still had fun, and she wasn't super strict). The biology teacher isn't like that. He's like, "Okay, here's your homework, let's go off topic now".
So, he gave us our homework, and had us talk about ourselves, and he didn't talk about biology a whole lot. I think this class will be fun.
After that, study hall, and more Dinadan, with a little bit of writing (I figured out how to avoid at least some writer's block a for a while).
So that was pretty much it, except, that Mom decided I'll also do health (someone I know Okay is the only guy in the entire health class).
and One more thing: an explanation. I know I didn't talk to anyong new and here's why:
1. Only four new people in writing
2. Only one new person in biology
3. There is no nothing during Study Hall, therefore, I can't socialize at that time
4. I can't socialize during writing, and probably not during health
Because of these reasons I don't see very many new people during the day, and not every one comes at 8:30, and stays the entire day. but I should have a good chance during biology, and most of the people in biology I can probably get along with.
No comments:
Post a Comment