Sunday, August 30, 2009

Fall

Fall is in the air. It's so exciting, and yet, a little depressing. I can't place my finger on it. Maybe it's just that summer is coming to an end. Maybe it's just that the way that summer is colorful, but loses its color and dwindles down to winter.

I love when seasons change. Spring to summer, summer to fall, fall to winter and so on. Now I'm thinking of apples, pumpkins, cider, and the cool weather. This is getting all jumbles up. Hmm.

Well, the fact is that fall is coming and I'm excited and at the same time a little depressed. There! I got it out without having to sound poetic.

I took Fritz on a walk earlier today around the the property. It was nice. Just me him, and the weather feeling all dramatic. I came up with several ideas for stories. I always thought that writing more often helped with this, it probably still does, but apparently, playing it, goofing off is great for that.

I have kept up the art of playing silly games from when I was younger. Not so much any more. With one of my best friends (I'll call him Nick Jonas - you'll know who I'm talking about if you've met him) and his siblings we would play, the ever original, orphans, sometimes superheroes, but after awhile it just got old. Then we began developing a much more fun game in which we picked the mythological creature we wanted to be, found a stick and proceeded to play. It was much more real swinging a stick around, pretending it to be a sword than pretending your arms can stretch across a room.

Then it morphed from fighting the evil invisible armies to dueling against each other. Several months ago, it all stopped. It did get boring after awhile but it was still fun. Now Nick Jonas and I talk, maybe play a game of tag or two. Occasionally I will duel with my brothers but they're too scared of me to play long.

So I still pretend. I know it's stupid, but I can't really help it - especially when it's windy or rainy, anything that makes it more "dramatic". It's a whole lot more fun like that.








Yesterday was my nameday, for the beheading of Saint John the Baptist, by the way. We were supposed to fast all day, but that didn't exactly work out. Last night, we went to a party at a friends' house (one of my favorite places to be), and they had a lot of good food, so we failed with that.

One more thing: Today, after church, we went to our priest's house and I accidentally watched an R rated movie. I thought it was PG-13. Anyway, I think it's time I read The Legend of Sleepy Hollow

2 comments:

  1. Whoa are you saying you watched the Legend of Sleepy Hollow? Ick
    ...was it creepy? It looks kind of creepy.

    I totally understand what you mean about fall. It is depressing and yet exciting and I get really dramatic about it because I think it's just the most beautiful season of the year.

    Also, It's good that you can still pretend. It's awful to lose that fun. Some people might think that it's kind of a kid thing to do. Well it isn't. You don't have to lose your sense of imagination just because you're older. yaaay for pretending ;) !!!

    ReplyDelete