Monday, August 31, 2009

My piano woes



I always have so many ideas for blog entries, but I don't want to put them all in one entry. They aren't ideas that will make the entry a long one, but rather, will make them, as Mom says, short'n'sweet.

I'm too busy for piano lessons, I think. I feel like I'm an awful piano player and I want to improve, but what with band and my hatred of practicing, I don't think I'll be able to manage.

I don't want to dissapoint her, but I don't think she will be if she knows I'm in band.

People always tell me that I should keep it up, and how much they regret quiting piano lessons, but I don't want Mom to have to spend too much money on me.

We'll see. Do you think I should keep taking lessons?

2 comments:

  1. Etch
    If you don't have a passion for piano then maybe you should step back and take a break. Nicholas took a very long break from piano. He quit in fact and wasn't planning on returning, but he's now playing piano all the time and he's really good at playing by ear and he knows a lot about music in general.
    Sometimes it's good to just take a break and see how it goes. Give it time...maybe one day you'll wake up and realize you love and miss the piano. Or maybe you'll wake up and realize...hey...I don't think piano is my thing.

    ;) Being in band may actually re-inspire you who knows.
    -Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't feel the music, then don't play. It's easier to feel that with writing than with music, but it's the same principle. If you aren't inspired, you won't go anywhere. So I agree with "Me" -- take a break and spend the time practicing with percussion instead. :)

    ~TeeO

    ReplyDelete