Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Saturday night

Saturday night Pineapple brought her friend and I to a small, local band's EP release party/concert. It was my first rock concert (not everything was rock though), and we were early so we got to hear the band of the evening, called HeyHiHello!, practice. I have, I think, thirty percent hearing loss in both ears, and even then, then sound was super loud for me, and I was even able to feel the sound waves (this is all new to me).

Once it was started, the first to preform was an eight-year-old girl who played several pieces on the piano, and put me to shame. Second was an older girl, about nineteen, and her guitar, Alice. They were very good. Next was a third girl, maybe about to same age as the previous, who also played guitar, with some piano added in. I myself thought she was good, but I'm not a good judge of that sort of thing and Pineapple said she wasn't good.

Fourth were two guys, both playing guitar, and they played about four or five songs. Pineapple like them, so I guess I should say they were good (not that I didn't think that).

And last, but not least, HeyHiHello! played. everyone went up to the stage, because before we were all sitting at tables, and listened. halfway through their second song I think, the singer, whom Pineapple adores, threw balloons into the crowd. it was fun: nbatting balloons around, while getting our eardrums blasted out. I batted balloons to the singer acouple times and once a balloon went too far and landed on the drum-set.

I Also met another one of Pineapple's friends there and his own friend whom he brought along, Pineapple and her friend who accompiqnied us, bought HeyHiHello! shirts and had them signed, and Pineapple got her picture taken with the singer of HeyHiHello!.

1 comment: