The day started out fine, except that we had to go out and work for several hours. You would not believe how hot it can be on a cloudy day. Then, after being outside only about fifteen minutes, I realized I couldn't see very well out of my left eye. That means that there's a migraine heading your way for those of you who've never experienced one.
When I told Mom, she told me to take some medicine and get right back out. I did, but the headache got a little worse and I was finally aloud to go inside and take a nap.
When I woke up several hours later, everything went fine, though my head still hurt, but just slightly.
Later, in the evening, after Mom and Pineapple left for orientation at Malone, and after I had done the supper dishes, I went out to mow around the south garden. I used our old riding mower and all went well, until I felt a bug on my head. I brush it away, only to find it was really an angry yellow-jacket, and was clinging to my arm.
Normally, I'm pretty good around bees. However, when it comes to the angry ones, well, that's a different story.
I sped up the mower, trying to get away from any spot where there might be more and tried also to turn off the mower. I jumped off the mower, which still hadn't turned off, succeeded in turning it off and ran to the deck. Eventually I was stung, but it wasn't too bad.
But, there is still more to come.
As if that wasn't enough, while mowing around the greenhouse sometime later, I started going down a steep incline behind the greenhouse. I went too far and found I couldn't go backwards. Unfortunately I wasn't able to stop soon enough.
(inside the greenhouse)
Oh, well, better luck next time. (We were able to get it out, by the way.)
And then this morning I got another migraine. I've never gotten two migraines in a row. I'm guessing that means I need more sleep.
Also, tonight is orientation for a co-op we'll be attending, called Shell. It's pretty organized and is more academic than other co-ops I've gone to. I'm not too nervous right now, but I will be later; I haven't seen these people in three months.
No harm done. Now we have more stuff to tease you about.
ReplyDeletelove, dragon mother