Last night's play was great. I was surprised a tragedy could actually be funny. That only means that a comedy would be even better. And there's a comedy tonight. All's Well That Ends Well, in fact.
But I do have another play of Romeo and Juliet to compare to last night's.
The one we saw before was very good also, but I hadn't even read the childrens' version of it. So I was very surprised that Romeo wasn't in love with Juliet at the very beginning, I had no idea there was a friar in it, and I barely understood it. But the Juliet was fabulous. And I was very close to tears at the last scene.
For this one we saw last night, I understood it better, it was funnier, and the company tried to make it as similar as they could to how the plays were preformed during Shakespeare's time. All the lights in the room were on, and the audience could sit on three sides of the stage.
Mom didn't like this Juliet, though I thought she was fine. They also added some of their own things, like apparently there some Michael Jackson thing (I didn't find out until after the show), and one guy was supposed to say "Here come Romeo, here comes Romeo", but instead of saying it, he sang in the tune of "Here come Santa Clause.
and Juliet's nurse was fantastic! She yelled a lot, which was funny, and at one point she kept interrupting Juliet's mother to talk about when Juliet was weaned.
But I didn't like the end scene as much as I liked to other one.
In the other one it was done with dim lights and candle-light, and when Juliet stabbed herself all the lights went out and then you could hear the knife drop the the floor. It was so sad.
However with this one, since all the lights were on, it wasn't as sad, but Juliet's facial expressions were good.
After the performance there was a drawing for a special shirt signed by the entire cast, and four of the actors answered questions.
Tonight I'm skipping a birthday party for All's Well That Ends well.
The rest of today will mostly be filled with work.
Tomorrow will be church and homework.
And, great news, Mom is going to introduce NaNoWriMo to her classes, and that will be the assignment for November. I think I may need to give some tips about it. I am a veteran after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment