Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Chanticleer

Last night Mom, Dad, Blondie, Bootman, Thing 2, TeeO, her Mom, and myself went to the E. J. Thomas Hall in Akron to see Chanticleer, the world's best male choir.

Chanticleer was very good. and a little disturbing in a way. It's not every day that you see several grown men singing really high. I lost myself most of the time, its was hard to pay attention, thought my favorite song they sang was about a siren. I forced myself to listen to that one. it was easier to listen later in the concert when they started singing in English.

And the E. J. Thomas Hall was beautiful, especially the auditorium. The ceiling was like a bunch of cylinders put together and were made of trapezoid-shaped tiles. The lobby was mostly cement and large panels of glass looking out over the street.

The concert was maybe a bout two hours long. It began at 7:30 pm, I don't know at what time we walked out, but I think we were home at 11:00 pm.

And the weirdest thing was as we walked out the sky was purple. I have never seen that before. You city people may think this a boring to say, but I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment