So yesterday was a good day.
People are finally talking to me and I am finally talking back. So aside from the wonderful homework assignments we are giving, I am liking Shell.
But the only problem is that, in order to actually talk to people, I end up embarrassing myself. more than usual. I try to be more outgoing, comment on topics, and start conversations. I've known for awhile now that in order to really start talking to people I have to be the one to make the first step. I have to bring up conversation topics and actually take some control. No one's going to do it for me, and if I do nothing then no one will talk to me and it will all be pointless.
I really need to start blogging earlier. Right now is not the time to do it. Mom wants on right now, I should be doing homework right now.
But I need to blog.
Hmm. this feels a lot like doing NaNoWriMo. I know I'm writing total crap but I keep pressing on. Who cares that my grammar is terrible and I can barely put a sentence together? I have to blog! Right now!
So in the end, I think it is very much worth it to embarrass myself in order to make friends.
I'm very self-conscious. I worry that I laugh too much, too hard, that my breath isn't quite fresh enough and that my hair is awful (it very often is). Do my clothes fit in enough (on a side note, my fashion life is getting better. In fact, I think it even has something to with my social progress at Shell.)
So all in all, I'm happy with Shell. So much more happy than last year.
Glad to hear it :)
ReplyDeleteit is very much worth it to embarrass yourself in order to make friends. yes.
ReplyDelete