Wednesday, November 17, 2010

east of eden

It bothers me that I'm easily influenced. especially by Pineapple.

She's insanely crazy, loves the color yellow, adores batman, and has eleven as her favorite number. She especially likes it when she sees several ones all at one time.

Anyway, since I hang out with her, I find myself noticing yellow and the number eleven more often, dressing kind of crazily and being like her a lot.

Added to this is the fact that I'm also a bad judge of things like music and moves and books. I'm never sure what I think of them exactly, which leads me to as other people what they thought. And then I think what they think about it until I hear someone else's opinion, which may appeal to me.

And all this makes me wonder: Who am I really? I mean for real. Is it just part of me to mimic other people, like an artist is inspired by another artist? Or am I too scared to try new things and try to find myself?

I think I need to write a song about this. It seems like it would make a good one.

3 comments:

  1. I have the same problem, and I'm pretty sure it's only temporary. It's natural to be influenced by your environment, including your friends. Finding a way to remain stoic through changing environments is hard, and to learn that you must be constantly engulfed in different situations. You'll find that you *do* have an opinion, I'm sure, it just needs a situation to express itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a lot of times we're inspired and motivated by the people around us. plus this is a really confusing time for people your age. i didn't really know who i was until the last month or so, and even then, we're always growing and learning through our experiences and by observing the people that we admire. that's why we always need to surround ourselves with admirable people, because, whether we want to or not, those people will effect us in ways that we could never predict. don't be too vexed right now, dear brother. you'll figure all of this stuff out. my advice is to go with the flow, while remaining true to the ways that we were raised. i've only just been realizing how much we truly do end up going back to our roots.
    -b

    ReplyDelete
  3. by the way, i love you and i'm honored to be someone that influences you. hopefully it's only the good.
    -b

    ReplyDelete