I have found that ancient history really helps with building ideas for novels. I don't have many ideas, but I'm happy, because it's helpful and all.
I have, so far, figured out how my Dwarfs in some other plot bury their dead, and what they believe about their dead. I also figured out the past of my bad guy for that same plot. I didn't really know this plot had a bad guy.
Anyway, I know its silly, but I wanted to write down the part of the poem that's in my history book:
"My mother was a changeling, my father I knew not,
The brother of my father loved the hills,
My home was in the highlands, where the herbs grow,
My mother conceived me in secret, she gave birth to me in concealment
She set me in a basket of rushes,
She sealed the lid with tar.
She cast me into the river, but it did not rise over me,
The water carried me to Akki, the drawer of water,
He lifted me out as he dipped his jar into the river,
He took me as his son, he raised me,
He made me his gardener."
Sounds like Moses, right? Well, the author only mentioned that, and said that she would discuss it more in a later chapter.
Anyway, this person in the poem, Sargon by name, went on to build an empire out of Sumer, and rule it for fifty-six years.
I need to go and write some more now.
By the way, last Shell Mom ripped apart my plot in class. It wasn't very fun.
Four days of fourteen left.
Oh, and the novel is going fine. How is yours going? (That means you Entertainer.)
My novel is horrible. And I'm far behind so I think we should have a write in sooooon. Accept this week is soooooo busy I'm not even kidding. :( So talk to me about it next week, if Thanksgiving doesn't get in the way.
ReplyDeleteSorry, Hee. I do it b/c I love you and I show that by teasing.
ReplyDelete